The Merchandise Planner- O&O and wholesale work directly with cross-functional partners (Finance, Operations, Store team, Marketing, etc) to build category level revenue and inventory plans for all product categories for the full-line and outlet business. They will also assist in building store level revenue and inventory plans for all points of sale locations. As primary analytical partners in the business experienced Planners are responsible for decisions that directly affect sales, margin, inventory, profit and other metrics. The Merchandise Planners additionally owns ensuring the accurate execution of allocation (e.g., assortment) strategies for their given categories. The Merchandise Planner utilizes standardized guidelines, tools and special direction provided by cross-functional partners to optimize the store level assortments and the achievement of store inventory plans. The Planner must have a general understanding of standard assortment strategies and chain nuances to identify when inaccurate and/or omitted information (e.g., data collect level, min/max, etc.) in an allocation will result in an incorrect execution. In those instances, the Merchandise Planner will escalate the situation to the appropriate team by communicating specific, accurate, and actionable comments through the worklist. For urgent issues, they will escalate the issue through the appropriate channels to ensure timely resolution.
Essential Functions: (Specific duties and responsibilities critical to completion of daily workload)
• Develop and present seasonal/weekly merchandise financial plans for their given categories in accordance with company goals, historical performance and market trend analysis
• Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies for their given categories
• Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Work with Manager to create open to buy forecasts, re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet department financial.
• Actively participate in business review meetings weekly with cross-functional team to highlight current business trends, identify and action on risks and opportunities.
• Review all planogram shifts that affect brand/class level plans for future seasons
• Manages the impact of new stores, remodels, and exiting brands/categories to the plan as well as builds the visual and selling new store set-up inventory package. Will closely partner with VM to ensure the store is set-up successfully.
• Creates promotional and markdown strategy for given categories in outlet locations
• Develops promotional trackers for stores for any promotion or seasonal event
• Partner with VM to execute appropriate in stores visuals to marry inventory strategy in outlet locations.
• Develop knowledge of geographic and store-attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field communication.
• Work with cross functional team to ensure timely and accurate inventory execution of new store openings
• Execute initial product allocations based on preseason buy; propose adjustments based on current trend by item category and location
• Assist in developing and optimizing replenishment strategies to maintain appropriate stock levels by item and location.
• Effectively communicate sales, receipt, and inventory information as needed to appropriate contacts
• Identify impacts from major shifts in promotions, holiday shifts and product flow strategies
• Develop a seamless relationship with Sales, Marketing, Visual merchandising, Training and Supply Chain, to ensure consistent communication
• Partner with Sales Team to ensure consumer trends/needs are being met
• The successful candidate will have about 3-5 years of experience as a retail/wholesale planner
• Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, teamwork, and change management skills; the ability to motivate, inspire and rally colleagues
• Strong problem solving- being able to resolve issues independently
Educational Background: BA/BS
Experience: 3-5 Years
• Buying/Planning background is beneficial but not required.
• Inventory Control and customer experience
• Basic working knowledge of EDI concepts
• Understand Supply Chain principles including forecasting, replenishment, ordering, and related customer service functions
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills to interface with clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus presentation skills
• Ability to manage time effectively and to handle multiple projects at one time
Advanced Excel (indexes, lookups, macros, etc)
Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
Travel Required: 5%
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and include the Position Title in the Subject line.