Retail Technology Manager
Category: Operations, Retail
The Manager, Retail Technology is responsible for the management of the company’s point of sale, traffic counters, gift card programs and other store related technology. This is a key business facing position partnering with cross-functional business partners to deliver strategic in-store technology solutions. This position requires building a trusted relationship with our business partners and franchise owners through the understanding of the business and needs. Responsible for requirement gathering and documentation, system analysis, gap analysis, process and procedure documentation of in-store system technologies to meet business priorities and initiatives. Work closely with selected vendors to manage and deliver solutions to further the business.
- Build and foster relationships with key technology providers and business teams.
- Keep abreast of technology trends in the retail industries and work with business partners and IT leadership to identify relevant implementation opportunities to anticipate and meet business needs and improve operational efficiencies with the underling goal of franchisee profitability.
- Collaborate with vendor partners and IT stakeholders to come up with detailed system analysis and business design documents.
- Lead requirement gathering sessions with cross-functional teams and vendor partners for assigned projects.
- Participate in source selection activities for introduction of a new or replacement of existing technology platforms through RFI (Request For Information), RFP (Request For Proposal) and CRP (conference Room Pilot) process.
- Work closely with IT Security teams to ensure all requirements being proposed meet PCI/PA-DSS guidelines and adhere to data security and privacy requirements.
- Be the in-house product owner for the retail technology projects and ensure that all business partners have the latest information.
- Interface with business partners, agency partners and supplies to understand both short and long term project needs and act as a dependable solution provider to meet those challenges.
- Be a retail expert. Understand and translate shopper insights, pricing and merchandising principals, and product mix into a retail strategy to be incorporated into growth plans for the business.
- Communicate new technology and processes through newsletter and webinars.
- Lead the POS team for the region.
Educational background: Bachelor
Pivotal and professional qualifications: > 8 yrs.
Job Specific: Experienced in developing and implementing multiple store system technology platforms – POS, Back Office and related systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving and trouble shooting skills with prior helpdesk experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and solid organizational skills.
- Competent in clear, professional communication verbally and in written correspondence.
- Professional demeanor with ability to work with various levels of leadership and team member base.
Language Skills: English and Spanish.
Other Skills: Microsoft Certification is desirable.
Travel required: 60%
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and include the Position Title in the Subject line.