Loss Prevention Manager
Category: Operations, Retail
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The LP Manager reports to the Senior Director of Retail Operation, and is a business partner with our VP Sales, District Mangers, Store Managers, and corporate teammates.The LP Manager is responsible for providing direction, development, and leadership to our loss prevention team. This includes interaction with the North American team, as well as the Global LP function. The LP Manager also manages multiple Loss Prevention and Safety programs and initiatives for all company owned stores. The LP Manager is responsible for providing direction, development, and leadership to our loss prevention team. This includes interaction with the North American team, as well as the Global LP function. The LP Manager also manages multiple Loss Prevention and Safety programs and initiatives for all company owned stores.The LP Manager has multiple cross-functional relationships throughout the company including Human Resources, Finance, Distribution, Merchandising, Learning and Performance, and Store Operations for improving asset protection, operational control, employment, training, and communication. The LP Manager also has external work relationships with local and national law enforcement, the National Retail Federation, the Jewellers Security Alliance, UPS/FedEx, Armored car services, mall/shopping center security, and a variety of other service and equipment vendors.
- Manage Shrink Reduction programs in all O&O store locations.
- Manage, coordinate, and build relationships with the outsourcing LP programs for the O&O store locations as needed.
- Conducts and or directs loss preventions investigations and prosecutions in O&O store locations.
- Provides assistance with all HR related investigations per requests received by HR and business partners.
- Respond to loss prevention and operational needs originating from our business partners.
- Provide associates and management with direction and support during emergency and crisis situations.
- Assist business partners / operators with development and implementation of impactful strategies, manuals, policies and procedures for loss prevention / safety policies.
- Manage, create, and assist with all LP training programs to improve margin and protecting assets.
- Control budget for travel, capital, and expense lines pertaining to security and loss prevention programs.
- Work with Real Estate and Store Construction to plan, implement and maintain store physical security systems.
- Build, coordinate, and follow up with all Loss Prevention vendor partners for all new, remodel, refresh, and acquisitions projects.
Something About You:
- A minimum of 5-8 years of leadership/supervisory position in store Loss Prevention\
- Retail –Jewelry industry preferred
- Wicklander or Reid interviewing certification preferred
- Loss Prevention Certification (either LPQ or LPC) preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Security Access Control, Card Control & CCTV systems knowledge.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies
- Effective prioritizing and time management skills
- A high level of common sense and strong self-control
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build partnerships and direct teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards
- Outlook, power-point, and creating excel spreadsheet experience