Accountant 4 months contract Maternity Leave Cover
Location: Hong Kong
About the position:
The Temporary Accountant plays an important role in supporting the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions for APAC markets. We are looking for a detail-minded person to support the team and ensure all financial reporting prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Support daily and monthly closing processes ensuring that daily work and financial transactions are free from errors and delivered on deadline
- Ensure that the appropriate accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that the reconciliations are at the appropriate level of detail and tie to the general ledger
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger reporting
- Ensure the internal control is achieved and compliance with company policies
- Daily processing of invoices, payments and remittances and also period end schedules and reports
- Daily checking and posting of sale invoices, checking receipt settlement and reconciliation of data at store level
- Process staff members’ T&E claims in T&E system
- Liaise with external parties including auditors, bankers, landlords and vendors, etc.
- Intercompany reconciliations with subsidiaries & parent company
- Maintain fixed assets module in ERP system and reporting.
- Maintain lease accounting in ERP system and updating in accordance with IFRS16
- Maintain cash flow and cash reporting.
- Participate in the statutory audit. Work with auditors to draw samples, develop analyses, prepares schedules and other tasks needed to complete the annual audit.
- Support Tax computation and reporting, knowledge of GST/VAT is an advantage
- Perform other duties & ad hoc assignment as necessary and/or assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- University graduate in Accounting or related discipline
- Semi-qualified member of HKICPA or equivalents
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of relevant commercial accounting and multi-national firm, preferably gained in Retail industry
- Strong experience in all round accounting functions (AR/AP/LGL)
- Preferred experience in handling foreign or offshore office accounting closing
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin is definitely an advantage
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX / Hyperion will be an advantage
- Excellent Excel skills
SHINE WITH US.
We want to become the world’s most loved jewelry brand. Come join us. Interested parties, please send your latest resume to email@example.com with your latest and expected salary.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you are not contacted by us within 6 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. All data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only.