Engineering Manager, Digital Development (SFCC)
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you enjoy coaching, mentoring and developing engineers and are you passionate about web development and architecture? And do you want to be a part of the world’s largest jewellery company and the build of our new world-class Digital Hub? If yes, we might have an exciting opportunity for you!
Job description and areas of responsibility:
During 2020, we will build a new Global Digital Hub of thinkers, makers and doers to ensure digital is at the heart of our business. And we want you to bring your expertise, knowledge, ideas, entrepreneurial spirit and experience to make a significant impact, and help build and shape this with us from an early stage.
As Engineering Manager, you will be called on to provide leadership and motivation to the development team for complex projects and problem resolution. You, and your team, will work closely with agile Product development squads to ensure excellence in how quality is delivered at each stage of the iteration build cycle within Pandora’s Digital Hub.
You will act as the champion of development and best practice implementation, providing coaching and support for Product squads. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in Pandora’s Development coding standards.
Furthermore, you will:
- Oversee multiple projects and ensure project timing is maintained through collaboration with Senior Engineers, Software Architects, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and QA teammates
- Develop, evolve and act as the subject matter expert on technology stack and development best practices
- Manage the recruitment, on-boarding, training activities, career-pathing, and evaluation of the development team
- Responsible for maintaining and improving Pandora’s e2e eCommerce solutions architecture and managing the solutions delivered by a growing team of web developers
- Actively participate in daily, weekly & sprint-related team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues, collaborate with development and involvement in QA/testing and launching of e2e implementations
- Collaborate in brainstorming, designing, architecting and implementing new solutions, as well as suggesting tools, technologies, and best practices to improve performance and site quality
Your new team:
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. As Engineering Manager, you will be based in our Copenhagen headquarter and will be part of a high-performing team responsible for building global eCommerce platform solutions. You will report directly to the Director of Digital Engineering.
What is needed to succeed:
This role will pride itself on leadership abilities and will excel while dealing with ambiguity. Solutions will be within the Salesforce setup as well as throughout the entire landscape of supporting applications so will require solid understanding of the overall eCommerce landscape. To succeed in this role, we envision that you have strong communication skills to clearly explain both solutions and compromises/trade-offs as well as the ability to rapidly understand business requirements and objectives, determine system requirements and resolve technical issues to cross-collaborate and increase efficiency.
Furthermore, we imagine that you have and can demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in a web development environment and recent SFCC experience (formerly Demandware) is a must.
- Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.)
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer Certifications
Something about you:
You might be the person we are looking for if you have the ability to balance pragmatism with high code quality and are comfortable managing both onshore and offshore resources, budget and forecasts. You are a self-starter and you always keep focus on delivering both business and customer value. As you will be part of a dynamic fast-paced global environment, it is important that you are adaptable, change-resilient and able to make positive use of opportunities presented.
Application deadline: April 28, 2020
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. Candidates should be willing and able to travel when relevant.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries on six continents through more than 7,500 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs more than 26,000 people worldwide of whom more than 11,500 are located in Thailand, where the Company manufactures its jewellery. PANDORA is publicly listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange in Denmark. In 2018, Pandora’s total revenue was DKK 22.8 billion (approximately EUR 3.1 billion).