Front End Architect, Digital Development
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you have a passion for web development and architecture as well as team leadership capability and skillset? And do you want to be a part our new Global Digital Hub of thinkers, makers and doers? If yes, keep reading!
Job description and areas of responsibility:
During 2020, we will build a world-class digital team based in our Copenhagen headquarter to ensure digital is at the heart of our business. Digital Development own and deliver our digital product and technology vision, strategy and roadmap.
As Architect (Front End), you will serve as the primary connection point between product management and development teams for the design and architecture of eCommerce platform solutions. Your duties will be a combination of hands-on solution design, rapid prototyping, working with the product team to architect appropriate solutions to meet business needs and roadmap items, review and oversight of solutions proposed as well as hands on-coding where architect-level expertise is relevant.
Furthermore, you will:
- Be responsible for maintaining and improving our e2e eCommerce UI architecture, front end build processes, code review, mentoring developers and managing the solutions delivered by the team
- Provide the internal team and system integrator partners with leadership around our solutions as well as industry best practice within both Salesforce Commerce Cloud and integrations with supporting technology stack
- Research, architect, rapid prototype and develop innovative digital solutions to engineer highly responsive and engaging mobile first websites and progressive web apps
- Work with, and support, internal teams, product management, UX and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking and ongoing development and maintenance of the eCommerce websites
Your new team:
You will sit within a Global team of highly experienced Developers, Architects and QA Testing Specialists and in your daily work you will report directly to the Director of Digital Engineering. You will be called on to provide leadership and motivation to the development team for complex projects and problem resolution.
We are a team, who work closely together, help each other out and offer the flexibility and freedom needed to allow you to focus on solving our customers’ problems. We value flexibility and informal working, where you are trusted to deliver and to focus on outcomes, outputs and value delivered.
What is needed to succeed:
To succeed as Architect (Front End), we imagine that your educational background is within Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant equivalent fields. Further, it will require demonstrated experience in developing and deploying complex frontend experiences and technical solutions for industry leaders and expertise in the design, development and configuration of systems to drive company growth and technical innovation.
We also envision that you have and can demonstrate:
- Minimum 7 years of hands on experience in a web development environment
- Recent SFCC experience and SFCC Developer Certifications
- Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more
- Experience working on cache strategy and client-side performance troubleshooting and tuning
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes etc.)
Something about you:
You might be the person we are looking for if you are highly motivated with a positive “whatever it takes” attitude. You are adaptable and change-resilient, working well in a dynamic fast-paced global environment, accepting new ideas and initiatives and making positive use of opportunities presented. The role also encompasses the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight timeframes as well as strong communication skills to clearly explain both solutions as well as compromises and trade-offs.
As teamwork is a fundamental value at Pandora, we imagine that you have a proven ability to successfully work with other team member across departments and levels of authority. At the same time, you have the capacity to plan, prioritise and organise time, project schedules and multiple project activities.
Application deadline: April 22, 2020
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. Candidates should be able and willing to travel when required.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries on six continents through more than 7,500 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs more than 26,000 people worldwide of whom more than 11,500 are located in Thailand, where the Company manufactures its jewellery. PANDORA is publicly listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange in Denmark. In 2018, Pandora’s total revenue was DKK 22.8 billion (approximately EUR 3.1 billion).