Merchandise Director - UK & Irish Markets
Location: London, UK
Do you want to join one of the world’s leading jewellery brands and one of the world’s best employers and do you want to play a vital role in PANDORAS continued success? Pandora is looking for an experienced MERCHANDISE DIRECTOR for our amazing UK &Irish markets.
Do you want to join one of the world’s leading jewellery brands and one of the world’s best employers and do you want to play a vital role in PANDORAS continued success?
Pandora is looking for an experienced MERCHANDISE DIRECTOR for our amazing UK &Irish markets.
In this role you will play a key role in leading the Merchandising team in the UK, taking their progress to the next level. Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills are required to develop a positive team climate of engagement and a high performance culture.
In this role you will be able to build impactful business relationships with O&O concept stores, outlet stores, wholesale and franchise partners with an emphasis on shared communication of product knowledge and marketing strategies that help align our purpose.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Align with EMEA Merchandising to ensure the UK assortment includes products needed to fit trends/local occasions of market.
- Ensure the business is kept in the know about new product, discontinued lines and other relevant information that impacts various teams.
- To Drive and Plan sales targets and gross margin, in conjunction with Finance and Sales departments, controlling the plans with accompanying insights into any performance deviations.
- To lead the Merchandise team to produce, control and monitor category planning to align to sales targets. Drive the team to deliver on revenue and inventory targets.
- Sales forecast by Product Category and Collection, optimizing sell-in NPI packs and replenishment orders from Franchise store partners.
- Analyze and interpret product performance, customer feedback, consumer trends, competitive landscape and local market knowledge to input into the creation of compelling, on-trend and price right seasonal new product launches and base product refreshes.
- Maintains vigilant, constant analysis of sales results, out-of-stock rates, product sell-through and store KPI reports to drive proactive tactics that produce sales results.
- To align product drops and availability with marketing activity.
- Define breadth and depth of assortments across store grades.
- Validate the assortment plan and replenishment algorithms within TXT system.
- Ensure accurate information is stored across systems and easily accessed by all departments when required.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in a senior merchandising role in Strong fashion/beauty/jewellery/gifting companies.
- Leadership experience in retail buying, planning, inventory alignment and allocations.
- Deep knowledge of UK retail landscape and real-estate (malls, high-streets, etc.)
- High business acumen with a talent for multi-tasking and juggling priorities, deadlines, calls-to-action and more. Able to use initiative and make recommendations to maximize sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English required.
- Experience reporting to a multi-national retail HQ/working in a matrix environment is highly preferred.
- Advanced analytical skills: Experience of preparing reports, manipulating data and understanding figures through retail systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Positive and resilient, adaptable and comfortable to perform last-minute, ad hoc requests, in a fluid, fast-paced culture.
- Flexible work ethic.
Our people are an integral part of our success. Our commitment to unforgettable career progression is just the start. We offer a competitive rewards package that is second to none.
Our generous benefits package including:
- A competitive salary and bonus potential
- Generous 55% employee discount on all Pandora product
- Winniperks - our online benefits platform
- Income protection & Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme
- Parties and incentives throughout the year
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- 3pm finish on a Friday, all year round
- 25 days holiday, plus UK bank holidays
- Flexible office hours
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the relevant skill set then we’d love to hear from you! Please click here to apply!